- Alley Access
- Shared Cost Sidewalk Program
- Links & Files
- Menu Infrastructure Fund
- Vacant & Abandoned Properties
- Infrastructure Projects
- Damen / Elston / Fullerton Intersection Project
- Halsted Bridge Reconstruction
- Installation of a New Tumbling Basin
- Kenmore Ave. and Belden Ave. Water Project
- Kingsbury Reconstruction
- Lincoln Ashland Belmont Intersection Improvement
- Lister Avenue Reconstruction
- METRA-UP North Line Bridge Reconstruction Update
- New Water & Sewer Main Installation- N. Hoyne (W. Walton- W. Cortez)
- New Water Main Installation N. Leavitt/ W. School/ N. Hamilton/ W. Roscoe
- New Water Main Installation- N. Bosworth (W. Wrightwood – W. Diversey)
- New Water Main Installation- N. Rockwell ( W. Logan- W. Fullerton)
- New Water Main Installation- N. Surrey (W. Fullerton- W. Altgeld); W. Montana (Racine to Surrey)
- New Water Main Installation- N. Western ( W. Diversey- W. Roscoe)
- New Water Main Installation- W. Diversey (N. Racine- N. Sheffield)
- New Water Main Installation- W. Oakdale/ W. George/ W. Wolfram (N. Honore- N. Damen)
- New Water Main Project- N. Oakley from W. Addison to W. Cornelia
- Sewer Installation on N. Oakley from W. Fullerton to W. Belden
- Sewer Installation on Seminary (Lill to Lincoln)
- Water Main Installation – Bloomingdale Ave. (Damen Ave.- Wood St.)
- Water Main Installation – N. Southport (Fullerton to Webster)
- Water Main Installation on W. Nelson St. from Ravenswood to Ashland
- Water Main Installation W. George Street, from N. Lakewood Avenue to N. Halsted Street
- Water Main Installation Western Avenue Project
- Water Main Installation- N. Leavitt (W. Addison- W. Belmont)/ W. School (N. Leavitt- N. Hoyne)/ N. Hamilton (W. Addison-W. School)/ W. Roscoe (N. Hamilton-N. Leavitt)
- Water Main Installation- W. Altgeld from W. Wrightwood- N. Marshfield
- Water Main Installation- W. Barry ( N. Southport- N. Kenmore)
- Water Main Installation- W. Fletcher (Ravenswood to Paulina)
- Water Main Installation- W. Oakdale ( N. Lakewood- N. Seminary)
- Western Avenue Corridor Improvement Project
- Kingsbury & Lakewood Railroad Spurs
Sewer Installation on N. Oakley from W. Fullerton to W. Belden
The Department of Water Management’s private contractor will soon be installing a new junction structure and sewer pipe at Fullerton and Oakley. In addition, crews will install a new sewer in N. Oakley Avenue, from W. Fullerton Avenue to W. Belden Avenue.
The contractor’s work starts shortly, and expect the job to be completed in late November. In-house construction will begin in early January, with completion anticipated for late January. Restoration will follow. Final restoration will be completed in May 2014. Dates may change depending on weather and other factors.
During the contractor’s work, eastbound Fullerton will be closed at Oakley. Traffic will be detoured (October 14, 2013-November 20, 2013).
Eastbound/Inbound Kennedy Expressway detour:
Eastbound Fullerton Avenue, to Northbound Western Avenue, to Kennedy/Fullerton/Service Road on RAMP.
Eastbound Fullerton “through traffic” detour:
Eastbound Fullerton, to Southbound Western, to Eastbound Armitage, to Northbound Damen, to Eastbound Fullerton. During in-house construction, traffic will be allowed to flow on Oakley outside of working hours. When working on the street, it might be closed to traffic for safety reasons. You will always be able to reach your home or business, even if it means putting a metal plate in place. Outside of working hours, a lane will be left open for local traffic only.
“No Parking” will be posted as needed, during work hours (7am-4pm).
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Assistant Commissioner Tom LaPorte at (312) 742-1021.