- Alley Access
- Shared Cost Sidewalk Program
- Infrastructure Projects
- Damen / Elston / Fullerton Intersection Project
- Halsted Bridge Reconstruction
- Installation of a New Tumbling Basin
- Kingsbury Reconstruction
- Lister Avenue Reconstruction
- METRA-UP North Line Bridge Reconstruction Update
- Sewer Main Installation- Ravenswood, Belmont to Roscoe (west side)
- Water Main – Maud, Racine to Sheffield; Seminary, Armitage to Maud; Kenmore, Clybourn to Maud
- Water Main Installation- Southport, Diversey to Wellington; Wolfram, Lakewood to Southport
- Water Main- Caton, Leavitt to Milwaukee
- Water Main- Damen, Churchill to North; Concord, Damen to dead end
- Western Avenue Corridor Improvement Project
- Kingsbury & Lakewood Railroad Spurs
- Menu Infrastructure Fund
- Vacant & Abandoned Properties
- Links & Files
Western Avenue Corridor Improvement Project
The existing Western Avenue overpass was built in 1961 in part, to serve visitors to the adjacent Riverview Amusement Park. The overpass runs for approximately 1,100 feet between Nelson and Roscoe. The Chicago Department of Transportation reports that after nearly 50 years, the overpass is nearing the end of its lifespan. In July 2009, the department held a meeting with Aldermen and residents of the surrounding wards to solicit input from the community regarding future plans at the site.
Alderman Scott Waguespack and neighboring Aldermen also organized another open house meeting with the Chicago Department of Transportation to provide an update on the Western Avenue Corridor Improvement Study and encourage input from the community during the study phase on July 7th, 2010. Exhibits related to the proposal were on display and Chicago Department of Transportation officials were present to answer questions.
Subscribe to our email list to receive updates on this and other projects in the 32nd Ward.