- Block Parties
- Garage & Yard Sales
- Street & Sanitation Services
- Water & Sewer Services
Other Recycling Options
Recycling Drop-Off Centers are located in communities across the City. Chicagoans can bring paper, plastics and glass for separate recycling during daylight hours. The centers accept the same full range of materials as the blue carts and all recyclables can be tossed in together. The locations that are the closest for 32nd Ward residents are :
- Notebaert Nature Museum at 2430 N Cannon Dr.
- Household Chemicals and Computer Recycling Facility at 1150 N North Branch St.
- Chicago Center for Green Technology at 445 N Sacramento Blvd.
All locations are open seven day a week during daylight hours. Click here for more information.
Household chemicals, paints, used motor oils, computers and other electronics can be dropped off at the City’s Household Chemicals & Electronics Disposal facility at 1150 N North Branch. Patrons of the facility should bring their materials through the gates and past the first one-story building, located on the west side of the street at 1150 N North Branch St. Signs are posted indicating the specific drop-off spots. The facilities hours are:
- Tuesdays, 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- First Saturdays of every month, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Please click here for more information on this facility. You may call the facility during their hours at (312) 744-3060.